64% of small businesses currently have a website but More than one-third of American small businesses do not have a website. As an eCommerce business Developer, I see, small business entrepreneurs rapidly looking for developers or agencies to make eCommerce Websites for their business.
Why Small Businesses Need an eCommerce Website?
- It’s estimated that there will be 2.14 billion global digital buyers in 2021.
- Younger people shop online more than older people.
- eCommerce websites give you the opportunity to reach out and offer your products and services to customers around the world, regardless of the distance and time zone.
- You can sell your products directly to your clients and can get the money in Bank by online money transfer or cash on delivery.
- 24/7/365 days the advantage of the sale. Through the e-commerce website, you can sell 24 hours or 7 hours a week for your business organization’s product or service.
- It is easy to manage an e-commerce website or Online Business than a physical store and it can easily sell hundreds of different types of products of different categories.
- An e-commerce website can manage businesses with less manpower and space, so the risk of business is less but more profitable.
- No need for any shop or storehouse to do the business.
- No need for many people to manage the business.
- The professional unique design having control of changing site content without IT knowledge.
You probably happy now to hear that but The Reality On average, only 1.94 percent of eCommerce website visits convert into a purchase. But Why? The reason is that they don’t choose the right eCommerce Platform for their online business to make a professional online store that converts high.
A website is a part and parcel of the eCommerce business. When you want to start a business online then alongside other questions this question comes up in your plan, Which eCommerce platform should you use for small business?
There are over 100 eCommerce platforms online. All platform has an individual feature that makes them different one form another.
In common knowledge, You can understand d that all platforms are not switched for your small business. So choosing the best eCommerce business platform for your small business very essential.
In this tutorial, you can know
- – Which eCommerce platform should you use for your small business?
- – Why you should platform use this?
- – Why not other platforms?
eCommerce Usage Distribution in the Top 1 Million Sites. Distribution for websites using eCommerce technologies
10 best eCommerce platforms
- WooCommerce Checkout
WooCommerce is a free eCommerce plugin for WordPress. It is designed for small to large-sized online merchants using WordPress. Launched on September 27, 2011. WordPress powers 34% of all the websites on the Internet. There are lots of WordPress users who have online shops, so WooCommerce is the most suitable solution for them.
It’s fully customizable and SEO-friendly than any other CMS. By default, WooCommerce includes its own secure payment processor PayPal and Stripe when setting your website. Also, you can accept payments via Amazon Pay and PayFast. WooCommerce has a Worldwide community and developers come from all over the world.
Shopify is another most used eCommerce platform. a German youngster living in Canada created this eCommerce Software in 2006. Shopify Inc. is a Canadian e-commerce company headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario. They don’t offer any free services but you can try Shopify free for 14 days without any credit card.
Shopify is a Subscription business model or services provider. You have to pick a plan to set up your online store.
Here’s a breakdown of the pricing for each plan:
- Lite Plan – $9 per month + a Buy button
- Basic Shopify Plan – $29 per month + 2.9% and 30¢ per transaction
- Shopify Plan– $79 per month + 2.6% and 30¢ per transaction
- Advanced Shopify Plan – $299 per month + 2.4% and 30¢ per transaction
- Shopify Plus – pricing plans start around $2000 per month + 2.15% per transaction
Magento is an open-source e-commerce platform like WooCommerce. Though it is open-source software It has two types of versions with a paid and free version. You can run multiple online stores with one backend CMS. On the basis of website page load speed, query processing, and website security Magento is the best eCommerce platform.
Magento is better than any other eCommerce platform if you want to start a big business with thousands and thousands of products.
OpenCart is a free shopping cart system. It’s also open-source PHP-based. It supports multiple languages, currencies. Like Magento, you can manage multiple stores from one admin interface.
Setup an eCommerce store using OpenCart is easy. OpenCart developers provide free lifetime support and updates.
BigCommerce founded in 2009. It’s a privately held technology company. Currently, It has 600+ employees. Like other eCommerce platforms It lets you set up your store, add products, and make money through your website.
Similar to Shopify BigCommerce offers a 15-day free trial to try before you buy.
BigCommerce’s prices start from $29.95
$29.95 per month for the Standard plan
$79.95 per month for Plus
$249.95 per month for Pro.
Right now we know the top five eCommerce platforms in the world. They are WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento, OpenCart, BigCommerce. Also, there have a lot of eCommerce platforms and software. we will consider and make a decision from this top 5 platform.
Here I am going to write from my six years of experience which eCommerce platform should you use for small businesses. I have no doubt say WooCommerce is the best platform for small businesses.
Right now, a question came up in your mind. Why WooCommerce? We already know WooCommerce is an open-source eCommerce plugin of WordPress. I think I must tell you a summary of WordPress.
WordPress is the world’s most popular content management system powering 34% of all websites on the internet. 60.8% CMS market share by WordPress. 14.7% of the world’s top websites build with WordPress
Every day more than five hundred websites build using WordPress. Where other CMS 60-80 websites build per day like Shopify and Squarespace. It has 55,000+ plugins
WordPress was released on May 27, 2003, by its founders, Matt Mullenweg, and Mike Little, as a fork of b2/catalog
Let’s know about WooCommerce Feature and Benefit: WooCommerce powers 22% of the top 1 million eCommerce sites in the world. It’s 100% free to use. Fully SEO-friendly and easy to manage without any coding skills. You can use WooCommerce To Sell Anything. no matter what type of product or services you want to sell. physical products, digital products, subscriptions, appointments, and much more. Whether you intend to sell a single digital product or an enormous variety of physical products, WooCommerce is the Swiss Army Knife of eCommerce applications. WooCommerce Has A Vibrant Developer Community. Also, the design and development of a Website using WooCommerce is cheap than any other CMS.
It has a Powerful Analytics interface from where you can know the details of your business. WooCommerce Grows With Your Business
When choosing an eCommerce platform, it is a good idea to think about the future of your business. It might be small.
Here a List of WooCommerce Features:
- Modern and clean Interface
- Improved experience for store owners
- WordPress Content Integration
- Pre-installed payment gateways
- Total control of the checkout process
- Set Default Currency
- Geo-location Support
- Automatic Taxes
- Cart Behavior
- Reduce Page Loading
- Add/Manage Products
- Product Types
- Product Variables
- Inventory Management
- Shipping Calculations
- Cart Calculator
- Flexible Shipping Destinations
- Shipping Prices
- Restrict Sales
- Multiple Shipping Methods
- Custom Tax Calculations
- Geo-location enabled taxes
- Select Customer Address
- Tax rate definition
- Simplified Coupon System
- Discount Coupons and codes
- Product Reviews
- Owner Verification
- Analyze Products and Orders
- CRM/Store Management
I 100% suggest starting your small business with WooCommerce. If you need any help or support just comments or contact me.